Job Reference: BWJ029
A rare opportunity to assume the top job in Accounting and Finance within this successful organization. If you are comfortable helping to drive change while leading your team and helping adapt to the ever changing business world then this CFO position is a opportunity you need to explore.
• Play a strategic partnership role to support business objectives:
• Work closely with other business leaders and be actively involved in their decision-making process.
• Provide them with insights and strategic financial solutions in a cost effective yet highly efficient manner.
• Convert finance data into actionable plans/projects for business success.
• Serve as a Management Team member and contribute fully on key business issues including those in areas outside of Finance as well.
• Act as a hands-on player-manager responsible for the whole spectrum of finance functions including:
• General financial accounting.
• Financial controlling: budget/forecasts/actual/variance reporting for sales/profit/costs, etc, analysis and counter-measuring.
• Asset and Liability management.
• Financial and monetary risk management, credit control, and cash flow management.
• Company pension fund / system management.
• Audit coordination (statutory/financial statements/tax audits).
• Adherence to legal and financial compliance of the company including Japan GAAP and corporate financial policies/procedures.
• Build a stronger Finance team
• Lead and motivate direct subordinates in achieving
• A minimum of 10 years of hands-on financial management experience
• Ideally a minimum of 5 years of working for a multinational company in a global business environment, or outside of Japan in a Japanese corporation
• Fully proficient with Japanese GAAP is a must; preferably working familiarity with US GAAP
• A minimum of 5 years of people management experience
• University graduate degree or higher
• Experience with a major ERP/financial software solution
• Native level Japanese and business level English language skills
• A high sense of integrity
• Must be results-oriented with proven motivational leadership skills
• Strong analytical skills combined with excellent problem-solving capabilities
• A proactive and hands-on work attitude
• A team player who can also work autonomously when required
• Excellent English and Japanese communication skills, both within group, and with the regional/global offices of suppliers and business partners