Job Reference: BWJ019
Salary: 9m – 12m JPY
Bonus: Approximately 10-15% depending on company and personal performance
Other: Flexi-time, international team, employees comes first policy
A career-defining role that will see you become an important member of our client’s tax and accounting teams.
You will ultimately be responsible for liaising between both the Tax and the Accounting team to coordinate, facilitate, advise and monitor the needs of each respective team as they work on their various projects.
A strong accounting background coupled with solid Japan Corporate Tax knowledge, an ability to delegate and a desire to maintain standards will be part of what you bring to the table. Management experience will also be required.
You will be part of a growing company with ever-increasing opportunities for promotion, compensation and upskilling. An international environment with a balanced approach to work that treats all employees with respect and understanding is a core part of our DNA.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and/or prepare Japanese corporate, consumption and individual tax returns mainly for the inbound businesses.
• Coach and supervise staff, providing on-the-job training, allocating work, and reviewing their output.
• Responsible for effective planning, execution and completion of tax advisory engagements.
• Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
• Gain understanding of client operations and business objectives.
• Continuously updating own knowledge about Japanese tax and international tax.
• Business development activities (obtaining new clients, networking, etc.)
• Perform other ad-hoc duties as necessary.
Core competencies we are looking for:
• Team spirit – able to work with a team and willing to help others in order to achieve a common goal
• Client relationship – able to communicate with clients effectively and professionally and deliver excellent service
• Time/workload management – able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
• Global mobility / transfer programs available for qualified employees
• Flextime policy is available for employees of senior-level and above based on separate arrangement
• Weekly English classes are offered to employees interested in improving their English language skills