Job Reference: BWJ008
Salary: Between 8M – 12 M JPY
Bonus: 10 – 15% of annual salary
The role of tax and taxation is becoming increasingly important from both a governmental and corporate perspective. A career in tax is a career in guaranteed employment as your skills and expertise will be constantly in demand.
Our client is looking for someone who has experience with Houjinzei, Shohizei and Kakuteishinkoku. While you will not be expected to be hands on with the completion of these tax returns, you will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of these services and coordinating between our accounting and tax divisions to ensure quality control and deadline delivery.
In addition to a competitive salary and annual bonus our client also has Partner opportunities available that are highly realistic and attainable.
At least 7-8 years’ experience in Japanese Corporate Tax compliance work (ideally including Individual Income Tax-related work) in an accounting firm.
CPTA (“Zeirishi”) license
– Fluent Japanese
– Business level English preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and/or prepare Japanese corporate, consumption and individual tax returns mainly for the inbound businesses.
• Coach and supervise staff, providing on-the-job training, allocating work, and reviewing their output.
• Responsible for effective planning, execution and completion of tax advisory engagements.
• Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
• Gain understanding of client operations and business objectives.
• Continuously updating own knowledge about Japanese tax and international tax.
• Business development activities (obtaining new clients, networking, etc.)
• Perform other ad-hoc duties as necessary.